Monday 20 February 2012

The Starving Shopoholic

The Starving Shopaholic is born!

Live by these magic shopping rules and you can save your pocket some money, ive decided to write my tips on how to save yourself some dosh. Expect some morning for those gorgeous Jimmy choos youve kept your credit card handy for! il probably add to this. I mean i wrote this whilst doing so many other things. college work, sorting paperwork, looking at debt. -sob-.

1) you really don't need more shoes.
((seriously, I realise, I own 6 almost identical pairs of brogues. 2 identical pairs of sandals [bizarrely in different colours] and 2 pairs of converse I barely wear. In general I have 3 pairs of shoes I wear as staples. 1 heel's , 1 brogues and 1 fluffy boots, the rest just gather dust in my room.))

2) Buying on eBay will NOT save you money.

its amazing how many ''bargains'' I pick up on ebay. some even the wrong size/ stuff id never wear. Don't get me wrong that brown Dior vest top was a bargain for £8.34 however its BROWN. AKA a vile colour that will live in the bottom of the cupboard forever. So not really a bargain. Inpulse buying = Bad.

3)The stuff in sales is the crap no one wants.
Just trust me. No store reduces 70% of classics that can be worn in a different season. Neon legwarmers? Fringed green UGG boots? these things are designed to be sold in the sale. Because face it. they are ugly.

4) invest in classic items during seasonal sales.
The ONLY sale items you should buy are such staples as; good quality jeans in a great fit. (for me that's the French connection sale!)A classic black pencil skirt. (I like warehouse) Shirts suitable for work/smart wear (jack wills is my preference) they are the only items you should buy in sales, as if you pick wisely, you can arrange your whole wardrobe round these staples.

5)Bored? Check Groupon daily.

Groupon is a voucher site which is pretty, well awesome to the starving shopaholic. I've managed to snip up some great price things off their daily offer, such as experiences, fashion, jewellery and haircuts! its especially good if you live in a city, as they have a lot of restaurant vouchers (some up to 70% off)! Ive got some silly deals on their such as a evening racing for 2 with a meal + a drink for £18! so its well worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment